The debate between the comparison of private and government educational institutes will go on till eternity. Both have their own significance in their respective fields.
Both types of institutes have much to nurture and reproduce the future champions of India. Is that only the schools who are responsible for the development of the children? If so, which could be better private or the Government ones? Many feel that the private institutes are better over government schools, is that true?
– Private schools have better infrastructure required for the physical and mental development of the child. They can help with the required facilities for the students to learn their lessons in a better way. The infrastructure can help them to have a practical approach to education.
– The private institutes are better in their approach towards the psychological development of the children.
– Private schools maintain better hygiene and environment which could safeguard the health of the students.
– The education imparted in the private schools are more of audio-visual now-a-days with the emergence of computers into the learning.
– Private schools can also provide better sport activities and equipments for the physical development of the children.
– Students can learn the civilized and modern approach which is of demand in the MNC culture which is feeding many of us in present era.
– Government schools are affordable and they provide the minimum required infrastructure to meet the basic needs.
– Private schools do not accommodate the low economic group students. Right to education is the freedom for everyone, and government schools provide education to all the children without any partiality.
– Policies like ‘ Free and compulsory education’ and ‘ Education to the girl child’ are made possible only in the government schools.
– Government schools also provide the basic sports facilities and physical education to the students.
– Private schools cannot compete in the essential educational requirements of the staffs that the government schools fulfil.
– Government institutes also provide good salary to their teaching and management faculties.
Private schools are definitely better than government schools as they would provide better infrastructure, better teacher to student ratio, have a clean & hygienic facility, provide better environment for students with options of personality development and extracurricular activities. Government schools may not be able to offer all these features but for those who cannot afford private schools, getting their children in government schools is better than no schooling at all.
Extra Points to boost your knowledge
Schools are considered as temple of knowledge. Private or government schools both impart the knowledge. However, there is a great difference between the two schools. The discussion on private and government school should be made on five important parameters that are the type of facilities, the batch size, quality of teaching, budgets and last but not the least administrative support.
Coming to the first point, facilities, it is more about the resources. On the facilities scale, it is the private schools who will win the race. They take the hefty fees and therefore, are in a position to provide the best facilities to students.
Second factor is the batch size. The batch size in government schools is undefined as the main motto is to accommodate as many students as they can. The larger batch size affects the quality of education.
The third factor is the quality of teaching. Here, it solely depends on the teaching staff. Private schools can hire the best teachers and pay them hefty salaries but again knowledge doesn’t differentiates between the types of schools.
The next factor is budget. Private schools can be attended by only those students who are in a position to pay the heavy fees of private schools. The government schools are affordable and make the perfect choice for the students who come from poor background.
The last factor is administrative support that is really poor in the government schools. There is no proper authority to answer on the career of the students. As a whole, private schools are better from the government schools in terms of resources and quality of education but again the government school opens the doors of education for everyone.